Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Kitty Who is Actually Cuddly

It has been a long, but not very cold month, of silence on my part, my furry brothers and sisters. Since I last wrote in this blog, it was still the year of our cat 2011. Now it is 2012, and so far the year has been quite unusual.

The last night of 2011 and the first morning of 2012 saw me closed into the laundry room upstairs while my humans entertained guests. Humans have this strange tradition of inviting other humans over, drinking alcohol and making a lot of noise to celebrate the New Year. First of all, I'm not really sure why one would invite another adult of your species over. Aren't they afraid the guest is going to steal their territory, pee on their home and belongings and arch their backs and hiss at them? Maybe that's not a human thing.

Second, what is the reasoning behind dulling one's senses and making a lot of noise? As a superior being, I value my heightened senses and ability to move silently while stalking my unsuspecting victims. And prey would have heard and smelled these noisy humans from miles away.

Anyway, they didn't let me out of the Laundry room during the the party because I have somewhat of a reputation. I did get to see a couple of the guests in the early morning of the 1st, however. Seth was still sleeping on the couch when Evan let me out. We stared at each other, Seth muttering "oh god" under his breath. Then I swiped at his hand as he tried to reach for his glasses. I'm not sure what it is about this Seth character, but he asks for it more than others.

Evan sometimes texts him pictures of me being cude, sweet and cuddly. I don't think he believe they are real, however. But you can see the photo of me above, sleeping peacefully on Evan's lap and getting in the way of his work. This picture is not altered in any way. I curl up on laps, I purr with great abandon, and I let them pet me.

Only after a very lengthy interview process, of course.

It has been an unusually warm winter here. Temperatures have been above freezing for most days of the past 2 to 3 months. It still seems a little cold and wet out there for my tastes, however, and it's still cold enough to spend a good amount of time every evening curled up on a human's lap. I do hope that this very warm weather doesn't continue on through the summer. It gets quite hot and humid around here. I am originally a desert creature, so I prefer the climate to be somewhat dryer.

Anyway, I will see you next time, my furry brothers and sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment