Friday, December 30, 2011

All Quiet on the Kitty Front

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, my furry brothers and sisters! This weeks marks the last week in the year of our cat 2010. It has been an exciting year. This was the first full year I spent in my new house. As the year winds down, my humans spend their time travelling to see family(whatever that is) and preparing for a new years party. Really what the word party means to me is an opportunity to hide from a bunch of strangers and hiss at them if they get too close.

I had a good week alone in the house; the kindly neighbor man came over to feed me a couple times a day. He must have been notified of my diet, because he stopped feeding me a lot more than my regular humans do.

Evan and Sudha returned home from the mystical country of Switzerland last Monday, and were very pleasantly excited to see me. I love it when my minions lavish attention on me. Naturally, I try to return the favor. I'm hoping they don't notice that they haven't trimmed my claws in quite some time. But I think Evan definitely is catching on. Both of my humans have taken to calling me their "furry alarm clock." I usually take my cue from the real alarm clock, which they frequently don't hear, then I climb onto the side of the bed next to Evan and reach under the cover to wake him up. My only motivation is that I don't want him to be late for work!

Evan is the one that feeds me every morning. It's gotten to the point where I will just ignore Sudha if she is awake before him because it's breaking the pattern. I must say, both of them are very good at dispensing the kibble, but there's just something about the way Evan does it in the morning. Sudha's better at doing it in the afternoon when they come home.

There is some good news from Switzerland though: Evan's mother, who's lap I graced with my divine presence around Thanksgiving time, is in remission. Her chemo and radiation is done with and everything is looking good. Clearly the moral of this story is that anyone who needs curing of any kind needs a cuddly cat to sleep on their lap. I'm not sure how anyone could deny the healing power of my tiny, fuzzy, presence.

I am looking forward to next year, 2012, which Evan informs me is the last year of life as we know it. I will see you next year, my furry brothers and sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment