Thursday, December 15, 2011

Stepping Lightly in a Kitty Wonderland

It's beginning to feel a lot like that time of year where I get left in the cold house for a week, my furry brothers and sisters. I'm not sure why my humans have to leave in the first place, but to add insult to injury, they feel the need to turn down the heat while they are gone. It's truly a far cry from the glory days of summer when I can bask in the scalding temperatures that are more befitting my heritage as a desert creature. Would it be so much to ask for to allow me to operate the thermostat?

It's not all bad though, the kindly old neighbor human comes over to serve me. He is quite generous with the kibble portions. Usually he also gives me a treat of wet food once or twice during the week.

Contrary to my reputation, I am quite cuddly and adorable. It takes me quite some time to get used to a new human. Sometimes this process take take weeks, but occasionally I can tolerate someone after a few days. I mentioned my human's mother a couple of posts ago, I hadn't quite forgiven her for bringing the cold weather with her yet. But I rather quickly warmed up to her, in comparison to other visitors. She spent most of her time on the la-z-boy recliner, so was ultimately non-threatening. On her third day here in my house I decided to take a nap on her lap and let her scratch me behind the ears. I think she was rather pleased. She seemed like she could use the loving attention of a superior being like myself.

I sat on her lap again after they all got back from their Thanksgiving trip.

I tried something new a few weeks ago: lay down on the couch next to someone who was over for dinner. Evan and Sudha's friends, Paul and Tara, came over, and brought Tara's Dad and Sister. I graciously allowed Tara's sister to sit in the spot next to me on the couch without so much of a hiss.

I did hiss later, to be sure, but that's to be expected.

Anyway, I wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year!


No comments:

Post a Comment