Monday, June 27, 2011

Kitties & Allies

Shedding season is in full swing, my furry brothers and sisters. I love running through the morning sunbeams, high on catnip, leaving a fin mist of hair behind me as I do battle with the toy mouse. The only downside to this is that the scary vacuum cleaner seems to emerge more often during this season.

Last weekend Evan had his friend Andrew over for an epic game of "Axis & Allies." I'm not sure how they play this game, but for me, it's a great opportunity to jump up onto the table in the office room and bat lots of little pieces. It seriously reduces the epicness of the game when I can just jump up and disrupt the military forces of the entire world with a swipe of my paw. I do like taunting the players in that manner.

Speaking of visitors, the funniest thing happened yesterday. A dog came around to visit the house. A very funny looking mutt. I believe Evan and Sudha had the strange notion that they might adopt a dog. If they had just consulted me I could have told them the folly of doing so, but they didn't. I knew something was up when they closed up upstairs in the laundry room. They then let me out and I trotted downstairs just as usual to find the dog in my hallway! I went up to the dog and sniffed at its face. Sudha and Evan both act pretty surprised. I'm not sure why, the dog seemed pretty cowardly. I did arch my back and puff out my tail just to make sure that the intruder knew her place.

After this initial meeting, I then stayed 3-4 feet from the dog at all times. She seemed more scared of me than I was of her, honestly, I started chasing her around and hurling insults.

In the end though, my humans decided not to keep the dog. It was sad, because they seemed to like her, and I admit it was quite entertaining to chase her around. But I think they made the right decision, they've got a lot of things going on right now.

They both seemed much more eager to pet and cuddle me yesterday after the interlude with the dog, so I'm not complaining. I spent the remainder of yesterday afternoon and evening sitting by the back door. At one point I did jump up and hang from the screen door again.

Anyway, Evan, who usually transcribes my blog posts here for me, will out of town for about 10 days starting in a couple of weeks, so my next post may be even more delayed than usual. Evan's mother is unfortunately going through chemotherapy right now, and he is going to Switzerland (wherever that is) to help her out. Please keep her in your thoughts!

Until next time my furry brothers and sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment