Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Kitty Anniversary

It has been too long, my furry brothers and sisters, too long since I have graced your eyes with the undisputed glory and power of my presence. A lot has happened since my last post. A whole month has gone by, Evan has taken a trip abroad, Sudha wasn't working, therefore preventing me from stealing her bourbon and watching TV as is my usual custom.

The most important thing is that on July 14th I turned 3 years old! Sudha and Evan celebrated this by going out to dinner the other night. They like to say they're celebrating they're "anniversary" or some such nonsense, but how could they be doing anything other than celebrating my glorious existence?

It has been a long month of house guests. Now, those of you who have met me in person, or those of you who read this blog on a regular basis will know that I'm really inclined to like strangers very much. Fernando arrive first, and stayed with me for a week. I tolerate this guest because he has fed me upon occasion. Then Rachel arrived. Fernando and Rachel are getting married later this month, so please congratulate them if you see them. Anyway, they were in town to celebrate their last moments of bachelore(tte)-hood. I do have to say that I am extremely good at throwing a party. People always talk about me, always try to be me, and then always have to cower in terror as I hiss. I could hide myself upstairs away from the guests, but this is MY house! They should be the ones doing the hiding!

Evan was out of town for the party, he was helping his mother in Switzerland. I'm sure he was very upset to have missed my party.

The next guest was Kate. She has also fed me before, though I do recall I hissed at her once or twice.

Following that Evan's cousins John and Jill stayed with me. Now Jill has the right idea about things. The first thing she did when she saw me was to attempt to bribe me with cat treats and small bowls of cream. I still appreciate her effort, although it still takes several days for me to deign to acknowledge a new human's attention.

John, on the other hand, there was something off about that one. I've seen him before, but he never pays any attention to me. To punish him for this, I decided to perch myself on the top of the stairs early on the last day of his stay. When he came out to attempt to go down and get coffee, I not only hissed, but did my (quite terrifying) low growl. I think it scared him so much he went back into his room and wouldn't leave until one of my regular humans showed up. I love the power I have over the more feeble minded species I'm forced to co-exist with.

Finally, Sudha's family was in town last weekend. Now, I've met most of them before, and I got through a whole weekend of not hissing at any strangers. I even went so far as to let a couple of them pat me on the head.

I really am quite an adorable cat, if I do say so myself. I can't fault any of these lesser beings from wanted to lavish me with love and affection.

I can't believe that it is already August. This shedding season is going by so quickly I don't even know what to do with myself. So the cold dark of winter will again be upon us, so I must work tirelessly to spread my hair out as much as I possibly can.

Until next time, my furry brothers and sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment