Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Wide Open Windows

Just two nights ago, my furry brothers and sisters, my humans opened the windows in the house for the first time this year. This is a most glorious occasion, the sites and smells and sounds that come from outside are quite amazing. I have celebrated this momentous happening by starting to jump up onto and climb in the screen door.  I'd never thought to do this before, and I must say it was very rewarding. Evan and Sudha were quite surprised to see me 4 feet off the ground hanging from the screen, but they'll get over it.

There is unfortunately a downside to the open-windows season: fans. In case you don't know what a fan is, it is some sort of infernal demon that blows air at me and makes me very uncomfortable. Evan even took it upon himself to deliberately point the thing at me. I took revenge by pouncing on his feet at 6 am this morning.

My humans are travelling quite a bit recently. They were out for four days, and are apparently leaving me alone for another four days this weekend. The kindly neighbor came by to feed me, and when I say feed, I mean feed. He was VERY generous with the food. So much so that when Evan and Sudha got back they took one look at me and started calling me "tubs." Needless to say, they have put me back on the infernal diet. Now I eat my food almost right away and then start complaining for more.

It's a good thing they are going away this weekend again and the nice neighbor will feed me an appropriate amount.

Going back to the subject of the outdoors: I've been making more concerted efforts to escape recently than I have in the past. Just the other day, in fact, I got out onto the front porch, and almost manage to hide under the bushes before Evan grabbed me. Any time the back door slides open, I'm there, pushing to get out. I've not yet managed to get passed the back deck yet, but I will someday!

I've heard talk recently about how cats are able to know who's allergic to them, or who is afraid of them while looking at a room full of humans. I will take this moment to say that that is absolutely true. Evan and Sudha's friend Jonathan has been coming over to watch "A Game of Thrones," and he is quite allergic to cats. We just have a sixth sense about these kinds of things. So I made extra sure to be friendly to him, to console him to my presence. I sat near his spot on the couch, I rubbed my body against his legs a few time. I really just wanted to make sure he was not afraid of me any more.

It's been nice here in Minnesota since Spring finally arrived a couple of weeks ago. I predict that it's going to be a brutally hot summer. But I'm just a cat, so what do I know?

No comments:

Post a Comment