Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Nooks and Crannies

Sleeping is a very important part of my life, my furry brothers and sisters. I have discovered some lovely little hiding places that offer great cat naps recently. Evan and Sudha had a dinner party the other night, and they put a lovely Syrian tablecloth on the table. This provides me with excellent cover to both perch and sleep on the dining room chairs. As they and their friends were sitting down to eat, I installed myself on one of the empty chairs, and stealthily swiped at their legs!

I'm also using it as a nice dark place to nap. They also have this butcher block in the dining room that is covered by a cloth as well. I've hollowed out a place for myself inside this lying on the pile of placements.

Sleeping is truly a wonderful thing.

Eating is also a very wonderful thing, and ever since I've been forcibly put onto my latest diet I've been devising new ways to procure food. I've already told you about my swiping and pouncing tactics with regards to my sleeping humans in the morning, those still work sometimes, but they've started locking me out of the room when I do that.

Another thing I tried was to physically claw my way into the cat food bag and gorge myself overnight. This was truly wonderful, but too obvious. They hid the bag in a cabinet in the kitchen where I can't get a hold of it.

So my current tactic is this: jumping up onto the kitchen counter every single time that I get the chance and attempt to lick the food off of any dirty dishes that might be in the sink. While not as reliable as ripping through the cat food bag, this one is pretty good. Evan and Sudha are unfortunately beginning to catch on and have been better about having the infernal spray bottle at hand to stop me.

Sudha has these delightful little plastic hair clips that she uses. They make the most satisfying noise when they are batted around the hard wood floor. I've recently started graduating to even non-plastic hair products. I ingested a rubber hair band the other day and then later regurgitated it onto the living room carpet. I may try that again in the future.

Well, It's starting to get every-so-slightly warmer outside. I need to be watchful for the return of the birds and the small woodland creatures that I can stalk from the window. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment