Friday, April 8, 2011

And End to Cuddling

Spring is finally back, my furry brothers and sisters. This means a lot of things to a creature of my staggering intelligence. First, it means that the birds have returned. With them, there is a lot more activity in the local population of woodland creatures. As such, starting around this time of year I become glued to the windows and completely ignore everything else that doesn't involve food.

Over the winter months I was quite cuddly. It gets cold here in Minnesota, and sitting on a nice warm lap is very comfortable. But now it's warmer, and there are creatures to fantasize about maiming, and I just don't need those warm laps any more. Evan and Sudha are a little disappointed by this, but they'll get over it.


Evan was sick with a stomach bug the other day, and to help him out, I completely ignored him and stared out the window instead. Sudha picked him up and put me on her lap and began scratching me behind the ears. I leaped off of her and ran back to the window.

I really don't think my humans understand.


The other thing that comes back with the Spring is my eagerness to escape. I still haven't been able to get out of the house since last summer, but that isn't to say I don't try my hardest. Yesterday Evan was on a phone call on the back deck. I made him almost completely tackle me when he came back in to prevent me from getting out. When Sudha went out to check the mail the other day, I was lying in wait!

The last thing that I love about spring is that it is the season where I can start spreading my delicious and pungent cat hairs over the entire house again. I find that clean, folded piles of laundry are the best suited for this purpose. So when I take my rare breaks from the window to nap, I try to find one of these to sleep on.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have to get back to all this!

No comments:

Post a Comment