Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Game of Cat Beds

First and foremost, my furry brothers and sisters, I must apologize for my long period of silence. It has been quite a busy month. It started out with a terror-inspiring trip to the vet.

The vet had the nerve to call me "a little chunky" when she saw me. I mean, really! I had literally only gained about a pound and a half since the last time I was in her office. I'm not going to share my exact numbers here, but it only constituted a 14% increase in my body weight! It's winter out there, it's getting very cold. Needless to say, I was very insulted by this observation.

What's worse is that Evan and Sudha have bought into the vet's propaganda. They have started feeding me a little less with each meal. Before this unfortunate change, I was pleasantly peckish before mealtimes. Sometimes I would let the two meals overlap with one another. Now I finish my meals well before the next meal time rolls around, and I'm quite hungry by the time Evan or Sudha finally gets around to feeding me.

To avenge this clear slight I have started, again, to reach under the covers of their bed while they are sleeping and swiping at their feet. Also, I've started curling up on their bed at night and attempting to take up as much space as possible. For example, the other night, I curled up on Evan's side of the bed between him and the edge. I made sure there was just not enough room for him to put one of his legs between me and the side, forcing him to sleep on his side.

Last week was Thanksgiving. Evan and Sudha were out of town for a days, giving me free reign of the house. Their friend Ali came in a few times to feed me. It was quite comical the first time watching her search the whole house for the cat food. I was trying to tell her where it was, but she didn't seem to be listening to me. What I did not appreciate about Thanksgiving weekend is that my darn humans turned the heat down to approximately 60 degrees for the whole time! Now, I know I have a fur coat and all, but 60 degrees is cold. I had to huddle in my cat bed to attempt to stave off the horrendous cold that was pouring into the house.

Anyway. I will try to update you all a little more frequently from now on. It's just been a very eventful time for me, with a lot of things to worry about.

Until next time, my furry brothers and sisters!

1 comment:

  1. The internet is bogged down with bogus blogs with no real message but the post was fantastic and well worth the read.Thank you for sharing this with me.
    Cat Beds

    ReplyDelete