Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Birds!

They're sticking around just to spite me, my furry brothers and sisters. The darn birds haven't gotten the notice that it's winter now. This stuff called snow is falling.

Four days ago, I overheard my humans speaking of a "winter storm warning." I'm not really sure what they meant by it. But on Friday afternoon this very strange substance known as snow began falling outside. It was quite mesmerizing. I spent hours watching this tiny little white flakes falling and blowing around.

What snow helps me to do is to spot the creatures that are still active in the winter time. There are rabbits and squirrels, and much to my surprise, birds! I think the birds are just late migrating south, though. On Saturday morning a group of them landed on the bush outside my window and just sat there! They yelled horrible insults at me and laughed for quite some time. I yelled right back at them. Evan and Sudha seemed to think this was quite amusing, and "cute."

Also this past weekend I upped my swiping and pouncing campaign against Evan and Sudha's feet. On Saturday morning I was very, very hungry indeed. I usually reach under the blanket to swipe, as I have mentioned in the past, but my humans have gotten good at shielding themselves from my attacks using the blanket. So I hopped up onto the bed itself and pounced repeatedly on anything that moved. I might try it again, as it seemed to get me fed in a somewhat timely manner. Although I heard Evan muttering "spray bottle" so I should be on my guard.

Last night something very strange happened. There was a power outage. Now I, as a superior being, have excellent eyesight. What really bothered me about it was that my heating vent suddenly stopped working. Now that was a horrifying experience. I can't believe that my humans did that to me!

Well, I have some cat-nap time to catch up on, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment