Monday, November 1, 2010

Visitors, Enemies and Pumpkins

There were two visitors to my house this last week, my furry brothers and sisters. The first was Fernando, who was back in town for work for a week, and the second was Magenta.

I'll start with Magenta. She is the owner for Sudha and Evan's good friend Seth. This is the same Seth who tried to bribe me with crumbs of bread, just so you recall. She's a slightly older cat, but I have to admit, a little more rotund than me. She stayed in my basement for a night because she wanted to get away from a Halloween party Seth was throwing in his house.

Needless to say, Magenta said some very rude things to me through the basement door. I was quite taken aback. I responded by raising my hackles, puffing out my tail and hissing. She replied in kind. After our run-in by the basement door, she hid downstairs out of my sight for the rest of her stay.

I acted more friendly towards my two humans for the rest of the day. Not too friendly though, I wouldn't want to spoil them.

Fernando also stayed in the basement. He's a little bit more polite than Magenta, but not by much. He seems to think that I am not friendly, and likes to say it out loud. However, he's just spoiled by his own owner, Bonnie. I'm not sure why other cats feel the need to spoil or not train their humans. It's really getting embarrassing.

Yesterday was Halloween. Evan and Sudha brought home this large orange things called a pumpkin, and carved a face into it. I was intrigued by the smell of the pumpkin, I have to admit. But ultimately, I don't think I would have liked it. They put the pumpkin outside on the front porch. Lots of people came by with their children to beg for candy. I tried to escape a couple times, but to no avail.

It's strange, some of the children were dressed up, but others just came as "themselves." It just seemed like being lazy, if you ask me.

Sadly, the pumpkin that Evan carved vanished from the porch as some point during the night. He was a little sad about it. But honestly, how sad can you get about a face carved into a large, orange fruit?

Well, I've got a lovely cat bed by a warm vent to lounge in. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment