Tuesday, October 19, 2010

How to Train Your Kitty

I have discovered something new, my furry brothers and sisters: book shelves. This is not to say I didn't know about them before, I most certainly did! However, I have just recently discovered that they offer excellent nooks and crannies to hide in. Also, they offer great vantage points from which to survey your domain. They are not that easy to climb into, unfortunately. Evan and Sudha are completely baffled on how I was able to get in there. I cannot share the details as it is a cat secret. 

Needless to say, they thought it was "adorable" that I was on the bookshelf. I got them to take some pictures of me for the blog.

A few days ago, Sudha brought my old cat bed out from behind the couch and set it up for me close to the fireplace and right by a heating vent. I hadn't slept in this bed for months and months, not since moving to the new place, actually. But, oh boy, was that bed comfortable. I've started spending hours sleeping in it over the past few days. I've never experienced heating vents before, but I have to say that they are god's gift to kitties.

Speaking of kitties, that damned black and white cat named Tuxedo was back yesterday. I don't understand why he feels the need to come by be all friendly to Evan and Sudha. He's just making me look like a grouchy old thing! I took the liberty of hissing at him quite profusely through the deck door.

Now that the weather is colder, it seems that more bugs are coming into my house. These little beetles get in and fly around the place. Just last night, I stared at this one beetle for hours and is walked around the ceiling, tantalizingly out of my reach. I do catch them and eat them when I can. they are tasty little morsels!

Speaking of tastiness, my humans have gotten into the delightful habit of giving me egg yolks on the weekends when they are making their breakfast. I have to say, not only are these things juicy and delicious, they also make my beautiful fur coat softer and sleeker!

Now, every time Evan breaks an egg, I'm in the kitchen demanding that he provide me with one.

There have been many visitors to the house of the last few weeks. Some inspectors came to look at my new furnace yesterday, I used the opportunity to try to go outside for some fresh air. Evan didn't seem to like this very much and threw me back in.

Some friends of my humans came by last week and showed some mild interest in me. I like watching them from a safe distance, but I'm always there, keeping my eye on them!

Anyway, I'm late for a nap by the heating vent, until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment