Wednesday, October 6, 2010

All the Leaves are Brown, and the Kitty is Gray/Orange

The season is changing, my furry brothers and sisters. It's getting colder and there are fewer and fewer woodland creatures for me to stalk. The squirrels seem to have stuck around, which I appreciate. As I mentioned in a previous post, I have become more cuddly with the advent of the cooler weather. In addition, I've unfortunately had to stop shedding as much, to conserve my silky winter coat.

The other day, Sudha and Evan came home from a walk talking about "Harriet's Twin." Apparently they saw some cat that they believed looked like me. Here are a couple of pictures of this "twin."



I'm not really sure where they see the resemblance, honestly. No cat could look like me really, I am truly unique, and one of a kind. The say I came from a litter of 6 or 7. Balderdash I say! I am angry at them for thinking that there could possibly be another cat like me. 

I'm angry at Evan for another reason too. On Monday, there were some people over installing a new furnace. Naturally, I was curious and kept following them around. I just wanted to follow them outside, I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. But Evan would have none of it, he unceremoniously grabbed me and locked me in the upstairs laundry room all day! I've never been so insulted in my life, that I can remember, at least. The details of that event become hazy as I move on to more important things, like plotting killing squirrels.

There were more people over at my house this weekend, for cheese fondue. Evan's cousin Jill was in town, and we had her, her brother John, Paul and Tara over. I only hissed one time, and Jill fully deserved it! She wouldn't leave me alone. I still did feel bad about that, so later I did come up and eat a couple delicious kitty treats out of her hand. 

For the last two nights, I slept on Evan's belly as he was lounging on the couch watching TV. I put my face down flat and I spread my front legs out as if I'm stretching. It's very comfy. And he seems to like it to, he rubs my back, and scratches me on the chin and under my collar. I'm slowly forgiving him for his earlier affronts.

Well, I have more squirrels to stalk. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment