Friday, August 31, 2012

A Very Non-Existential Kitty

Good morning, my furry brothers and sisters. Yesterday night, my humans came back from the Internet Cat Video Festival at the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis (http://www.walkerart.org/openfield/programs/internet-cat-video-film-festival/). Personally, I'm not sure why they felt the need to go and watch other cats do stupid things when I'm right here. One of the highlights of the show was a video about an existential cat named Henri (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q34z5dCmC4M). I have to admit, I find this Henri character to be a shameful member of the cat species. How can one call oneself a cat and not believe themselves to be the absolute best thing in existence? I don't understand it.

It has been quite some time since my last update to this blog, and for that, I sincerely apologize. Since that time, my life hasn't changed too much. The summer has arrived and with it shedding season. I've developed a new habit of growling at people I really don't like.

Speaking of things I don't like: I heard some troubling news. This weekend, Sudha's family will be coming into town and they will be bringing the infernal King Charles Spaniel by the name of Ruby. I mean, really! Bringing a dog into my house! What is the world coming to?

Now to be honest, I have met Ruby before at her house in Chicago. And to be honest, she has a proper appreciation for the regalness of her position, unlike Henri the cat. She is definitely the queen of her house. While I was there I took it upon myself to assert my authority over her. I would bat her on the nose, hiss and her to scare her away and then eat her food, for instance. I mean to continue this proud tradition.

One of my humans, Evan, is turning 30 on Monday. Sudha is throwing him a party a week from Saturday, and I've heard that they plan to dress me up in a collar covered with Swiss flags. Switzerland being his country of origin. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I do like my skull and crossbones collar.

Perhaps the new collar will change my demeanor. Although I truly doubt that.

No comments:

Post a Comment