Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My House, in the Middle of My Street

It has been too long, my furry brothers and sisters. Winter is finally settling upon us here in the cold northern wastelands. It snowed on Saturday, just in time for Evan's mother to come into town. Strangely, it's as if she brought it with her just to spite me. As I dictate this to my human, I am at home alone with Catherine, Evan's mother. She seems to want me to sit on her lap, but I haven't quite forgiven her for the affront of bringing the cold weather with her all the way from Switzerland.

Speaking of Switzerland, I have some unfortunate news for you all. Rosie, the loyal canine who guest posted her for us once has passed away. Please keep her and her manservant, John, in your thoughts. John has provided me with a note that he found among Rosie's personal affects, and I will be posting it here after this entry is concluded.

My month has also been quite busy. I had my annual vet appointment a few weeks ago. Evan asked me very nicely to try to keep the hissing to a minimum this time around, and I did my best. I managed to only hiss once, and let go one low growl. I mean, wouldn't you want to hiss and growl if someone was taking your temperature from the rear-end? In addition, they felt the need to "clean" me out back there as well. As a result, I've been deliberately licking that region in front of my humans more often, just to make them feel uncomfortable. It really only seemed to make them laugh, though, so I stopped it.

Winter usually brings with it a distinct lack of creatures to stalk through the windows, but the last week has been very much an exception. Not one, but two different cats have come up to the back door to harass me lately. One orange tabby cat, and one mixed orange and white cat. The tabby put on quite a show for my humans, and they infuriatingly gave it a little bit of food to eat out of "pity." I made my displeasure known unmistakably. Other cats do NOT get fed at my house!

Speaking of being fed, I am now on a much stricter diet than I was even before. The vet very insultingly said I needed to lose another pound or 2. I have to say, I am wasting away here. I am not getting enough food to maintain my adorable belly. I'm usually hungry again a couple of hours after breakfast and dinner. And now my gullible humans are feeding me even less than they were before.

I get revenge in my own ways. My new thing is sitting on Evan's chest in the morning and rubbing my paw against the blanket right next to his face. I usually do this very early in the morning. I am going to have the house to myself for a few days over Thanksgiving. The kindly neighbor man is going to come by to feed me. I like him, he worships at the alter of my beauty and cuteness.

Until next time my furry brothers and sisters. Please stay tuned for a lovely guest post from the dearly departed Rosie.

No comments:

Post a Comment